These super easy to make Granola Bars are always a big hit in our house. Make them your own by adding in your favourite ingredients as shown.
2 cups oats
1 cup rice crispy cereal
1/2 cup of you choice of nuts/seeds/dried fruit (depending on the type of bar you want to make)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 large bar (100g) dark chocolate
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp golden or maple syrup
1. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, cereal and your choice of seed/nut/fruit mix
2. In a large pan heat the butter, brown sugar, honey and salt. Bring to the boil and as it starts to fully bubble remove from heat.
3. Add the dry mixture and mix until coated.
4. Press firmly into a 12×9″ tin lined with greaseproof paper (press down really hard to prevent crumbling when you cut into the bars)
5. In a small pan melt the chocolate, butter and syrup
6. Pour over the top of the base mixture and tilt the tin until it covers the surface
7. Refrigerate for around an hour before cutting into bars
I would love to know what you add to yours. Leave me a comment below to tell me how yours turn out.